Moret Seine and Loing
Around Moret-sur-Loing, come and stroll around the 21 towns and villages which make
up our federation of municipalities.
Thomery is built on a hillside overlooking a bend in the river Seine. An outstanding natural site which is enhanced by an unusual and exceptional piece of architectural heritage: the vine walls. Part of the supplementary list of the “Monuments historiques”, these vine walls were built in the XVIth century to accommodate the golden chasselas grape vines which came from the king’s vine arbour.
Pay a visit too to Saint-Mammès, at the confluence of the river Seine and the river Loing, a meeting place for all the waterways which cross central and western France. Thanks to its strategic position, this town has become the place of choice for boating activity in the region and has long enjoyed an important role in the history of river transport.
Come and lose yourself in the maze of narrow streets of the fortified town of Moret-sur-Loing, previously the border between the kingdom of France and the duchy of Burgundy. Discover, inside the ramparts, between the doors of Burgundy and Samois, the dungeon, Notre-Dame church, considered as one of the major Gothic buildings to the north of the Loire, and numerous remarkable and unusual neo-Gothic buildings such as the Raccolet house or the Hotel de Ville …
Explore the medieval city, an old fortifi ed town
- Historical and thematic guided tours of Moret sur Loing (art, architecture) and Saint-Mammès
- The Moret Nuns Barley Sugar Museum, the Bicycle Museum, the Sisley Point… more information at the tourist office.
- Run in Moret Seine et Loing (Sunday 5 May)
- Water festival in St-Mammès (29 and 30 June)
- Cheese and Wine Fair in Veneux-Les Sablons (1st weekend of September)
- The 1900 Festival: (last weekend of September)
- Comedy Festival (mid October)
4 bis, place de Samois - 77250 MORET-SUR-LOING
Tel. +33 (0)1 60 70 41 66 / Fax +33 (0)1 60 70 82 52